I started IT Central in September 2015 because the company I was working for was closing down. I had a choice to try and find a job when there were precious few going – or to work for myself. Having worked in retail on and off since I was 15, and running my own business for 10 years I knew there was still a gap for IT repairs in the area and I believed I could transfer all those skills and experience into a new business.
There are a few things that I am very clear about when it comes to the business:
- It must be open and accountable, everything is done properly and by the book – we don’t cut corners and we never work under the counter. Trading Standards, the tax man or Microsoft are welcome to visit any time – we have nothing to hide!
- I want the way that we look after customers to exceed their expectations.
- IT Central has to be trustworthy. We are dealing with people’s prized possessions
- We will always be developing what we do. We want to learn more as individuals and that means an improved service for the customers.
- I will always speak directly to customers, as will my technicians. We will always explain to you, without jargon and without technical words, to help understanding of the problems and how we fixed them.
- We all have a sense of humour and enjoy working together to provide the best service – with a smile.
- I want it to be female friendly – not nerdy or clinical. Too many IT shops are white and shiny or filled with slatwall. I wanted IT Central to feel a little more like a boutique – that one we’re still working on!
Now don’t get me wrong, we’re very serious about the work that we do – it’s just that we choose to smile while we’re doing it!
Don't hesitate to get in touch. There's no query too small, or question that's daft - honest!
Managing Director, Administrator, Book-keeper and Washing-up Technician